Photo of
March 13, 2009

There is a serious side to this story in The Record about a pub landlady who mistakenly fitted ultra-violet lights in her bar. Customers and staff are reported as suffering from sunburn and worse before the mistake was discovered.

While I hope that all those affected make a swift and complete recovery, another part of me thinks that the bar may have been on to something. Stand and tan is already a popular idea. Restaurateurs could adopt the idea and, with a few tweaks, it could be a soaraway success. Anyone for Scran and Tan?